Everett Clubhouse a program of HERO House NW
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: This management level position is responsible for the effective implementation, coordination and operational management of Everett Clubhouse, a program of HERO House NW. The Program Director provides psychiatric rehabilitation services to adults recovering from serious mental illness in a clubhouse model program. The responsibilities include sharing in the operation of Everett Clubhouse's programs. These programs include the work ordered day, social/recreational program, employment programs and education programs. The ultimate responsibility for the operation of these programs lies with staff. Central to this responsibility is the engagement of members in all aspects of clubhouse operation. This engagement is performed by helping members to experience the sense of belonging, with a focus on their strengths, talents and interests.
This position exists to assist Snohomish County adults with serious mental illness to maximize their optimal level of functioning within the community. The Everett Clubhouse Program Director is responsible to and is supervised by the Chief Program Officer (CPO) of HERO House NW.
Primary Job Functions
- Uphold the mission, goals, objectives and policies of Everett Clubhouse – HERO House NW.
- Implement operational procedures based on the mission, goals, objectives and policies of Everett Clubhouse.
- Maintain a current knowledge of and comply with all Everett Clubhouse/ HERO House NW organizational policies and procedures.
- Effectively coordinate and direct the operation of the Clubhouse, consistent with Clubhouse International Standards.
- Hires, trains, evaluates and/or terminate Program Generalists.
- Ensure that Program Generalists provide members with Work Ordered Day programming, employment, education, outreach, housing, community support, personal advocacy and social opportunities.
- Provide regular reports to the CEO and CPO to assist in making informed decisions and fulfilling responsibilities.
- In collaboration with the CEO and CPO, fulfill the various funding bodies’ contract requirements and maintain all required licenses and certifications.
- Operate within approved budget; monitor operating budget on a monthly basis and report any areas of concern to the CEO or CPO
- Ensure professional development of staff to grow and work towards Everett Clubhouse’s mission, goals, objectives and policies.
- Participate in meetings, training programs and appropriate workshops.
- Represent Everett Clubhouse and liaise with local, state and national entities.
- Offer a positive supportive relationship that helps promote hope, choice, wellness and recovery for participants while working side by side on the work of the clubhouse.
- Work side by side with the members of Everett Clubhouse in program areas of work ordered day (within assigned unit such as Hospitality (kitchen) or Business), social/recreational, education, employment (Transitional and Supported), advocacy, and member supports
- Consistently fulfills the "primary responsibility" of helping members experience being needed and actively reaches out to each member to establish productive partnership
- Facilitate assigned tasks and projects in a timely manner maximizing members’ skills, talents, engagement and leadership
- Ensure that performance of job duties actively reflects and promotes the Standards for Clubhouse Model of Psychiatric Rehabilitation as developed by the Clubhouse International
- Work in an assigned work unit (Hospitality/Kitchen or Business/Clerical)
- Train, job coach and work with members at their place of employment
- Work evenings and weekends when necessary
- Provide education and resources that support illness self-management, self-determination, self-advocacy, and shared-health-care decision making
- Ensure all documentation is complete, accurate and performed within time frames as specified in Everett Clubhouse/ HERO House NW procedures
- Provide assistance in identifying and linking to community-based services and supports (primary care, mental health and or substance abuse treatment, housing, financial benefits, etc.)
- Provide and model advocacy to ensure access to service for the member where/when needed.
- Help with identifying and/or re-engaging with family, friends, and other natural supports
- Assistance with transportation to appointments, employment, social outings, etc.
- Keep supervisor informed on a timely basis of member routine/emergency/crisis needs developing, the proposed or actual response to these needs and/or barriers to, or gaps in needed services
- Other duties as assigned
Education/ Training/ Experience
- Minimum of four years of experience working with people with psychiatric disabilities, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Must have Washington State Driver’s License
- Must pass a criminal history background check
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in psychology, sociology, social work or related human service field, Master’s Preferred
- Must have basic computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Prefer prior training in Trauma Informed Care
Required Personal Skills
- Ability to listen effectively
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to facilitate individual and group activities
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on a team
- Ability to break down large projects into smaller tasks
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency and excitement about the work of the clubhouse
- Ability to show personal initiative when identifying and completing task
- Ability to maintain healthy boundary with peers
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrates adherence to a strengths based perspective in words and actions with members
- Ability to adhere to Everett Clubhouse/ HERO House NW philosophy and applicable federal, state and local guidelines in carrying out job duties
- Ability to travel with members to various conferences, trainings, and social events
This position description is a record of major aspects of the job, but is not intended as an all-inclusive employment contract. It should be understood that one may be reassigned to other duties or positions for which qualified and trained at the discretion of Everett Clubhouse management. One must be able to perform all duties and tasks of the above named position.